Thursday, October 1, 2009

Becoming a Cultivated Field

I am going to be sharing some Gentle Shepherd devotions a lot this month...I think it will be a good thing to share as they are starting a new series ..... I will be writing my own things as well so do not worry...Judy will still be adding her touch.HA!....

Anyway sorry about all the type O's on the article I passed on yesterday...I was not feeling so well and did not take the time to double check. I realized later there were a lot of typing errors.... sloppy on my part....should have been more careful. I hate to post such sloppy work.

Also a small announcement...I will be on http://ufoencounterslive.com Oct. 10th...here is the info on that. Hope some of you can listen in. I had kind of a hard time with this interview for some reason but I think it went off ok anyway. Maybe it was because it had been a while since I have done one.


10:00 - 11:00 PM MST Saturday nights

KOSS 1380 AM Palmdale, CA
KQYX 1450 AM Joplin, MO
WPLZ 95.3 FM Chattanooga, TN
KXIT 87.7 FM Amarillo, TX
KLAY 1180 AM Lakewood, WA
KZXR 1310 AM Yakima, WA
The Micro Effect



OK, so here is today's devotion from my dear sister's at Gentle Shepherd...

Reading: 1 Corinthians 3:9

BECOMING A CULTIVATED FIELD

We are starting a new month with a new theme. This month’s devotions have to do with the harvest. The whole purpose of our lives is to serve as a means to bring forth God’s fruits, as well as to reproduce like fruit in other people.
The Apostle Paul tells us we are God’s field. Our inner man serves as His field, but so does the whole Body of Christ. The first thing we must recognize is that it is God’s field; therefore, His concern. We are told that He is the One that truly is doing this work, but we are co-laborers in the great harvest field of the world with Him. Clearly, the work is a joint effort because our voice, hands and feet are an extension of Him in this great field of humanity.
As those who are growing in Christ, we must understand what it means to be God’s personal cultivated field. First, it means it is His investment to bring forth the fruit. It is this fruit that is meant to attract others to the kingdom of God .
The main worker in God’s personal field is the Holy Spirit. His tool is the Word of God. For the Word to have authority in our life, it must not only plough our lives up, but we must experience the spirit and life of it to possess its authority.
As we study the concept of being God’s cultivated field, you will realize the process started with channeling personal strength in order to be offered up as a sacrifice. It will take such sacrifice to become God’s personal cultivated field that is constantly being prepared to bring forth everlasting fruit.

Prayer: Lord, You are forever trying to leave Your impression on my life. I give way to Your Spirit. Amen.

©2008 Rayola Kelley, Gentle Shepherd Ministries. Permission is granted for non-commercial (free) distribution provided this notice appears.
http://www.gentleshepherd.com/
Questions or comments welcome. Email: http://us.mc800.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=ministry@gentleshepherd.com

2 comments:

Trish Daniel said...

KEWL!!! look forward to hearing you on air with Ronnie sis! :)

Anonymous said...

KEWL! I was waiting for this. I did not realize it would not be a live show.

I am closing down this blog

Hey all I am closing down this blog in a few days. I will open a new one under www.multijlsworld.blogspot.com I will explain on that b...